Dawn to dusk range hiking
When the cool breeze takes your hair and the ripples sweep through the lake,Where the dead trees of forgotten valley emerge like ghosts from the water stretch,It’s fun to paddle in bamboo raftsto see a small Elephant run behind its mother safe, It’s thrilling, if you are there to meet a Leopard in it’s den, To remould yourself …To run away from your destiny far into the rain forests
This is a dawn-to-dusk range hiking and rafting programme through some of the richest forest tracts of Periyar Tiger Reserve. Starting at 8 am from the boat landing, a mosaic of habitats will be traversed before the party gets into rafts made of bamboos.
The forests are rich in bird life and arboreal animals like giant squirrel and Nilgiri langur. Rafting lasts for about three hours and one gets a panoramic view of forest-clad hills reflected on the lake. Animals like elephant, gaur and sambar are sighted keeping close to the edges of the lake.
The team hitchhikes back to the boat landing by about 5 pm. An armed guard and 4 guides will accompany a maximum of 10 tourists. Tea, snacks and packed lunch will be served en route. This package is an excellent programme for semi-serious nature lovers to feel the beauty of Nature.
Programme description in brief
- Guided, full-day trekking and rafting programme; food provided.
- Time slots: Full day program, from 8am to 5pm
- Group size: One group of two (minimum) to 10 (maximum) people @ Rs. 1500/- per person (Minimum Rs. 3000/- per trip).
- Only children of 12 years and above are allowed to participate in the above programme.
- Bookings are confirmed against 100% payment. Ticket rates do not include Entrance fees.