Clods walk Periyar Tiger Reserve
The programme is a long guided trek for approximately 3 to 4 hours which starts from Gandhi Park at Kolathupalam, passing through the Kurisumala view point, gets down to the Tribal Heritage Museum located at Mannakudy Tribal settlement and concludes at Anavachal. From the vantage point, you can have a look at grasslands, evergreen, deciduous and riverine forests and the expanses of irrigated arid land across the border where the nectar from Periyar provides the breath of life. .
Visitors can see the exuberance of Cumbam Valley, the dizzying heights of Mangaladevi, Kumarikulam and other escarpements of the Fort of Periyar, glory of Palni hills farther away from the view point, habitat specialist birds and butterflies including endemics like the Nilgiri Pipit, broad-tailed grass bird, tree nymph etc.
Programme description in brief
- Guided, three hour trek, providing a birds’ eye view of the Periyar landscape.
- Time slots: Bookings taken between 7am and 3pm.
- Group size: Up to 6 individuals @ Rs.300/- per person (Minimum Rs.600 /- per trek)..
- Only children of 12 years and above are allowed to participate in the above programme.
- Bookings are confirmed against 100% payment.
- Ticket rates do not include Entrance fees.
[/kc_column_text][/kc_column_inner][kc_column_inner width=”6/12″][kc_single_image image_size=”full” image_wrap=”yes” image_source=”media_library” image=”849″ image_align=”left”][/kc_column_inner][/kc_row_inner][/kc_column][/kc_row]